Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Dylan

My precious little boy. It seems like just yesterday you were brought into my life. I can hardly believe the sweet, funny little boy that you have become. Today you are ONE year old!! I can't believe it. Happy Birthday my sweet angel.

You light up our lives every single day. Not a day goes by that we don't talk about how cute or precious or sweet you are. Nothing in my life has ever made me as happy as you have made me.

Dylan, you are just the funniest little thing. You play peek-a-boo, make silly faces, dance, and do all sorts of silly things and everything you do makes you laugh and laugh... which then makes us laugh and laugh. You love giving your cheesy smile to strangers and you love waving to everyone. You love attention and we always give it to you.

People still tell us that you look just like the Gerber baby. Others will stop just to comment about how handsome you are or what a beautiful baby you are. Everyone says you look just like your daddy... which you really do.

You are a very smart and focused little boy. You love learning new things and figuring out how things work. You love music and love to dance. You move every part of your body when you dance. You love to laugh and will laugh at almost anything, especially if you hear other people laughing, you give your forced laugh because you want to join in on the fun. haha.

You love when we tuck you in at night; you giggle as I put the blanket around you and wave as we leave the room. You love cartoons, especially if they're singing. You pick up on things really quickly. You learned the sign for more after just a couple days. You also turn around to go down stairs or off edges of things, we were so surprised when you picked up on it and started doing it. You constantly amaze us.

You are the apple of my eye. Thinking about you makes me cry. As I leave your room, I often put my hand on my chest and pause for a minute to reflect on my love for you. I love singing to you, I love that you'll try to sing along.

I love watching you laugh. It breaks my heart when you cry, but I sure love the cuddles that follow. I love watching you so focused on figuring out what buttons do or where the block fits. I love watching you watch a cartoon song, you get so mesmerized, lately you've started sometimes dancing to cartoons, but you used to just sit still and stare. I love when you sit on my lap. I love when you stand next to me at the desk and empty all the drawers while I work.

I love when you lay your head down on my shoulder. I love when you miss me and need a cuddle. I love how you let me change you while you're drinking a bottle and know how to change hands holding it while I take your pj's off and put a new shirt on.

I love when you give me kisses. Slobbery... yes... but I LOVE IT!

I love when you try to repeat the words we are saying like, "Go" or "Up", you are so talented. I love when you show off your tricks like clapping, raising your hands straight up, walking, etc... you just giggle and giggle.

I love that you wake up so happy in the mornings and that you can't wait to play. I love spending every day with you. I love helping you learn to walk... it's just so much fun.

I love kissing your cheeks. I just smash my face in your soft little cheeks. I love your hugs... even though they don't last long... you're such a busybody.

I love how you are always exploring new places. I love how much you love to climb stairs up and down and up and down. I love that you make me eat healthier because I try to feed you such healthy food. haha. You sure do have a sweet tooth and throw a fit if I have a Fanta soda that I have not shared with you... you don't even like to wait a let me take a drink between your drinks.

I love the way your face lights up when I or Daddy enter the room. I love how much you love to be held and wish I could hold you forever.

I love how much you love other kids and can't wait for you to have a sibling... one day...

I love who you are. I've loved every minute with you since the day you were born. I'm so grateful I have you in my life. I am so excited to watch you continue to grow and learn, even though I'm so sad that you're already 1 year old. I just want my baby to stay my baby. Thank you for bringing so much happiness and light into my life. Here's to a wonderful year and to many many more!

Happy birthday sweet baby.

I love you forever,

Momma

1 comment: